) is a lobbyist in the Collier organization who joined The 4400 to advise Shawn Farrell
after Jordan Collier
's death. Ross was intent on carrying out Jordan's plans for The Center, even if it required manipulation and working against The 4400s themselves. Ross is just as ethically gray as his predecessor ... and as driven.
His objectives are still somewhat unclear to those around him, including his unknown and seemingly questionable intentions towards Isabelle.
SEASON THREE TIMELINE
- Matthew continues to discourage Isabelle from dating Shawn, reminding her of her mandate to kill the 4400. But Isabelle has had enough and kills him without remorse.
Gone, Part II
- Matthew continues to advise Richard and Shawn on how to run The 4400 Center.
Gone, Part I
- Worried that Shawn may be faltering as head of The 4400 Center, Matthew suggests that Richard should share in The Center's responsibilities. In an effort to monitor Isabelle's relationship with Shawn, Matthew showers her with gifts. Isabelle soon tires of Matthews games, however, and lets him know that she is the one with the power.
Being Tom Baldwin
- Showering Isabelle with gifts (in what almost seems like a bribe) Matthew attempts to give Isabelle advice on how she should proceed with Shawn.
The New World
- Matthew returns to The 4400 Center after finding it difficult to lobby on behalf of the NOVA Group
- Infuriated by her recent suicide attempt, Matthew visits Isabelle, telling her exactly who she is and what the future's plans are for her.
- Matthew has a strange phone conversation about someone "being back" only to be interrupted by Isabelle. He gives her a syringe of white liquid, explaining that if she uses it, it is the only thing capable of killing her.
SEASONS ONE AND TWO TIMELINE
- With Shawn in danger of being overwhelmed by his 4400 Center commitments, Matthew arrives to get The Center in order. It's clear from the beginning that Matthew intends to govern the day-to-day operations of The Center and manipulate the direction it ultimately takes.
- Richard and Lily discover Ross and his team of doctors performing tests on Isabelle. While Lily is infuriated, Ross has an easier time convincing Richard, explaining that Isabelle's brain functions exceed those ever thought capable by a human being.