APR. 27, 2006
HAVE YOU LEARNED ANYTHING OR DISCOVERED SOMETHING ABOUT YOURSELF THOUGHOUT THE COURSE OF THE SHOW THAT YOU'LL APPLY TO YOUR OWN MUSIC CAREER?
Of course I have learned something from the show that I'll apply to my musical career. I've learned that by putting the extra time and attention into preparation for each week, I can achieve far superior results.
I thought that I worked hard to prepare for concerts, but I've learned it is quite different than the level of preparation necessary for a weekly television series. I take each week as a challenge and continue to strive for excellence, much in the same fashion as I do my music.
Since working in television is so new to me, I want to make certain I can really grasp the inner workings of the show. I feel that by continuing to approach my music the same way I approach Nashville Star, it will assist me in writing better songs and having better performances.
This has been quite the learning experience and something I look forward to each week.
We are coming down to the wire and it will be interesting, how the level of pressure affects each of the remaining finalists and, of course, the hosts of the show.
I know, in the end, everything should work itself out in the wash.
- (4/20) Wy will often say to the contestants, "What is going through your mind right now?" What goes through your mind after the show?
- (4/14) As an artist, how do you handle being judged by both the public and industry professionals?
- (4/6) Would you have the courage to enter a competition like Nashville Star? What would your strategy be?
- (3/30) You've hosted three shows now, what has surprised you most about your role as host? What do you like and dislike?
- (3/23) When you watch the finalists, are there moments that you're reminded of your own early beginnings?
- (3/15) What did you think of the first show and how hard is it to see someone get eliminated?
- (3/9) Now that You've Met the Contestants, What's Your Outlook for the New Season?
- (2/17) Why are You Excited About the New Season?