APR. 20, 2006
WYNONNA WILL OFTEN SAY TO THE CONTESTANTS, "WHAT IS GOING THROUGH YOUR MIND RIGHT NOW?" WHAT GOES THROUGH YOUR MIND AFTER THE SHOW?
I often wonder about what the contestants are thinking. Are they thinking "Dang it! I'm going home!" or are they relieved they don't have to deal with the gut-wrenching drama.
I wonder a lot about what people at home are thinking in terms of what they like and dislike about the show, and about my performance on the show.
I listen to the performances of each of the contestants, and week to week there is someone who continues to step forward and surprise me. And I'm certain it surprises the audience at home.
It's also interesting to see how the guest judges each week are really interested in the caliber of the performances from the finalists. The competition continues to get tighter each week.
I hope the contestants are thinking about song selection for next week's show. Sometimes it seems as though they may pick a song that is not the best song for their voice.
I hope they really consider which songs will allow them to "get their shine on" and really be brilliant.
- (4/14) As an artist, how do you handle being judged by both the public and industry professionals?
- (4/6) Would you have the courage to enter a competition like Nashville Star? What would your strategy be?
- (3/30) You've hosted three shows now, what has surprised you most about your role as host? What do you like and dislike?
- (3/23) When you watch the finalists, are there moments that you're reminded of your own early beginnings?
- (3/15) What did you think of the first show and how hard is it to see someone get eliminated?
- (3/9) Now that You've Met the Contestants, What's Your Outlook for the New Season?
- (2/17) Why are You Excited About the New Season?