MARCH 2, 2007
SINCE ONLY ONE LEAVES NASHVILLE STAR WITH A RECORD DEAL, WHAT ADVICE DO YOU HAVE FOR THE OTHER NINE STILL DETERMINED TO MAKE IN THIS BUSINESS?
My advice to everyone, including the winner, is to always focus on developing your talent more than worrying about being famous.
There is a whole industry that is built to find great talent, and true talent is so rare that it stands out if you are burning with it.
Beyond that, my advice is to try and stay true to what makes you unique, so you don't just blend into the homogenized mediocrity that often jams up the industry.
I feel very confident that our runners up will find their way ... I had so much fun hosting, and getting to know them all.
- (2/16) WHAT LESSONS HAVE YOU LEARNED FROM THE CONTESTANTS? DO YOU FEEL THEY'VE TAUGHT YOU SOMETHING NEW ABOUT YOURSELF OR COUNTRY MUSIC?
- (2/9) DESCRIBE YOUR WRITING PROCESS. IS THERE A FORMULA YOU'VE DISCOVERED THAT'S WORKED BEST FOR YOU CREATING HITS?
- (2/2) YOU'VE HOSTED FOUR SHOWS NOW, WHAT HAS SURPRISED YOU MOST ABOUT YOUR ROLE AS HOST? WHAT HAVE YOU LIKED AND DISLIKED?
- (1/25) THE CONTESTANTS REALLY SEEM TO TAKE THE JUDGES' COMMENTS TO HEART. IF YOU WERE COMPETING, WOULD YOUR RESPONSE BE THE SAME OR WOULD YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT STRATEGY?
- (1/18) WHAT PIECE OF ADVICE CARRIED YOU THROUGH THE TOUGHEST TIME IN YOUR CAREER? WHO GAVE IT TO YOU? HAVE YOU PASSED IT ON TO THE ELIMINATED CONTESTANTS?
- (1/11) WHAT'S YOUR OUTLOOK FOR THE NEW SEASON?