FEBRUARY 15, 2007
WHAT LESSONS HAVE YOU LEARNED FROM THE CONTESTANTS? DO YOU FEEL THEY'VE TAUGHT YOU SOMETHING NEW ABOUT YOURSELF OR COUNTRY MUSIC?
I have really loved working with all the contestants, and have learned something from each of them. Seeing young, fresh enthusiasm is always a treat. And seeing how they each adapt to the pressure of the show and respond to the criticism in their own way.
I am, obviously, very protective of them all and want to see each of them do the best they can. That's why my favorite part of hosting is the mentoring segments I get to do with them. if I can help give them anything I have learned from doing this since I was 18, I am happy to do it.
And I always learn something from the contestants, too. That's what makes the job fun for me: a sense of community and camaraderie and helping each other out. We are all privileged to get a chance to make a living doing what we love.
- (2/9) DESCRIBE YOUR WRITING PROCESS. IS THERE A FORMULA YOU'VE DISCOVERED THAT'S WORKED BEST FOR YOU CREATING HITS?
- (2/2) YOU'VE HOSTED FOUR SHOWS NOW, WHAT HAS SURPRISED YOU MOST ABOUT YOUR ROLE AS HOST? WHAT HAVE YOU LIKED AND DISLIKED?
- (1/25) THE CONTESTANTS REALLY SEEM TO TAKE THE JUDGES' COMMENTS TO HEART. IF YOU WERE COMPETING, WOULD YOUR RESPONSE BE THE SAME OR WOULD YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT STRATEGY?
- (1/18) WHAT PIECE OF ADVICE CARRIED YOU THROUGH THE TOUGHEST TIME IN YOUR CAREER? WHO GAVE IT TO YOU? HAVE YOU PASSED IT ON TO THE ELIMINATED CONTESTANTS?
- (1/11) WHAT'S YOUR OUTLOOK FOR THE NEW SEASON?